Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Beginnings...............

There are so many beginnings in our lives that I think we miss the majority of them. In this very hustle bustle life things just simply pass us by without our acknowledgement or even our awareness. I think one very important beginning in everyone's life is 'how you start your day'. There are those who sleep to the very last minute, jump up, hit the shower dress, grab a cuppa and are out the door and on their way in a minimum of time. But for me the beginning of each day is an event.....okay, there is no parade, pep rally or band playing. The beginning of the day for me is a few minutes of gathering, thankfulness, reflection, devotion and that really strong cup of coffee that clears the path for me to do all of the above. It's my personality. It's the way I turn my key to start the day. It the stillness of the house, the whisper of the day slowly turning from night, the awareness that a new opportunity has been given and received. It is some of the most precious moments of my life. I treasure my beginnings. No matter how you start your day; I hope you do too. I hope you give yourself even a nanosecond to say a humble thank you. Not every day is great, not every morning is peaceful, not every moment is reverent. But life is so enormously wondrous it should not be taken for granted. I hope you realize this and even if you only have a second or five, you do take whatever time you can to bend your knee, lift your hand, close your eyes and give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment