Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Who......?

Who do you want to be? I may be just crazy...and yes, I can see your nods.....but I really want to be so many people. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....not Madonna, or Julia Roberts, or Kate Middleton. I'm not talking about 'being' specific people. I want to be that woman who wears big hats and gardens great huge plots of herbs and flowers and vegetables. I want to be that person who dresses very chic and runs a huge corporation and is a power person. I want to be that author who sits in a window and overlooks the sea and writes wonderful novels of deep thoughts. I want to be that chef who simmers and stews and broils and bakes wonderful plates and bowls of love. I want to be that volunteer who rocks preemies and holds the hands of those who are lying in hospital beds with no families or friends to come and see them. I want to be that athlete who is so dedicated that I stretch my body to its limits and then some. I want to be that meditative soul who can sit on piles of pillows and think with a hot cup of chamomile tea in hand and not be distracted by phones, or texts or Facebook, Twitter or Blogs. I want to experience life in every one of its corners and crevices and holes and mountaintops. Do you? I'm not saying I'm displeased with my life; I have a great one! I'm just saying that every type of person interests me and I would love to walk in different shoes for even a day. There are so many qualities I see in my friends and family that I admire and wish I had. But I don't and here's the Lesson. No one is everything. We were not made to be patchwork quilts. We were given specific traits and qualities and talents and yes, faults. Our job is to take what we have and round out the sharp edges, level out the bumps, fill in the pot holes and ride our own ride of life. Our job is to just grab what is ours and make it huge. You can't be anybody else but you, so stop trying. I hope you can take the time to contemplate what your presence means in this life, because we waste what we don't acknowledge. Think my friends about whom you are....not on the surface....not what you show the world, but whom you are deep in your core. Draw it out. Use it. Be you!

No comments:

Post a Comment