Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Blink.........................................

Life can change in the blink of an eye. Life can turn on a dime. Life is what it is...a series of events that can take your breath away or give it back. Circumstances change with each passing moment. Some go unnoticed. Some are so drastic that you recover slowly or never at all. I wonder how often we actually realize this. I wonder how many times a day you stop and think that what is humdrum is a blessing. I have many quirks. Surprising I know. One thing I ALWAYS do...every time I pass a hospital....is give thanks that I am going about my day and on that particular day it doesn't involve sickness. I think the key is being aware. When you're bored....be thankful. When you're with family and friends....be thankful. When you're living your routine...give thanks. It's no secret that every time we take a breath it's a gift. Just an ordinary breath. What is shameful is that most of our breathes go totally unnoticed. In and out.....without thought. Work, home, fun, routine, habit...whatever is happening in your life at this moment. Recognize that it is life and that is such a BIG deal. I hope you have many blinks left and many dimes to turn and that all those turns are good ones, but inevitably, they all won't be and you'll have to face something that takes your breath away. At that time, realize that you have the power to shoulder it, carry the burden and then become you again...only better. But in the mean time, in the routine time, in the humdrum, don't ever take your breaths for granted. Don't wish away the ordinary, waiting for the future that seems to promise more excitement, fun or adventure. Everyday life is an adventure, a trip, a miracle. Hold it dear and close to your heart. We are only promised a moment at a time...can you honestly dare to waste even one? Live large my friends, even in the ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment