Sunday, November 25, 2012

My Thought of the Day

Today is another Big Travel Day......and sadly this journey will probably not be as exciting for you. You're not headed to spend several days with family and friends......eating, and greeting and shopping and doing all those Holiday Traditions that have made the last few days so fun. But think of it this way.....if you don't travel back to your 'normal' life, you don't get the thrill of your 'not normal' life. Ok...mull that over for a few and maybe it will make sense. If everyday was eating and greeting and shopping and fun, then it would become 'normal' and I think the festiveness of it would fade. If every day was dessert then dessert wouldn't be so special. If everyday was long naps and no jobs, then desserts and naps would become less appealing. If every day was a mountain top, then the view just might get old. I know you're thinking I'm way off base right now. And for you, maybe I am. But for me.....I want those wonderful holiday special times to be just that. I don't want them to be everyday happenings that lose their sparkle and shine. I'm willing to get back to normal so the looking forward to the next great gathering can occur. Keep this in mind......I'll leave you with this last thought. Traveling is part of life's journey.....that's what a journey is......and we all have a journey......we all walk the path of normal. I hope your travels are safe today; I hope your normal allows you to look forward to more special. And lastly, I hope you're in tune enough to realize that even your normal is grand because it's yours and yours alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment