Thursday, May 24, 2012

Routine............

Word of the Day..............

Routine...n.,......standard course of action.

We all have routines.....morning routines, work routines, household routines, nightly routines.  I think they provide comfort.  I daresay if your morning routine is off, for whatever reason, your entire day could be off.  Even Missy, my dog, has her morning routine.  She gets up when I do and skips(yes skips) to the kitchen for her treat.  Then she goes outside to get things done and check out the cats and Mr. P.  She comes back in and once again stands in the kitchen in case I've forgotten she's already gotten her treat or perhaps I'm feeling generous and she'll get two.  Yes, it happens.  She then takes every step I take as I follow my morning routine.  We are all creatures of habit.....humans and animals alike.  Routines are comfort zones.  They say our world is ok.....not off kilter.  But if our routines become ruts, we may need to do some re-routining.  We may need to shake up our world a little.  Look at your routine....morning, work, household, nightly.  Is it productive to you and others?  Does it give you comfort or bore you to tears?  Does it include others in a joyous way?  Do you feel good about your routine?  Routines can be healthy or big ole holes we've dug.  Make your days special...they won't last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment