Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Response...............

When an event, a job, or someone sucks the very life out of you, how do you respond? Do you fight back? Do you crawl in a hole and pull it down around you? Do you let it bounce off you without seemingly noticing it? I find it an interesting part of human nature. We all have heard of the flight or fight syndrome and the other day one of my friends was telling me of an instance where it was either fight or flight. But hers was freeze. So maybe we need to add that to the saying....fight, flight or freeze. But that's not my point for the day. My question is not one of a scare or a terror, but of circumstances that we all face in our lives. Something or someone that drains your energy, emotions, that makes every step you take heavy and hard. Our personalities are as varied as our fingerprints. No two people are cut from the exact same cloth. We tend to be like Grandma's recipes.....a pinch or this and a tad of that. I find human nature so intricate as to not be understandable.......even by you Dr. Phil. We all find our lives going up and down, in and out, straight and narrow or wide and curvy. When emotions get the best of us, when our days suck the life out of us, when everything seems just not worth it, what do you do? How do you react? Where do you go? I dare you to answer me.

No comments:

Post a Comment