Saturday, June 2, 2018

Split....

My Thought for this Day.....I remember as a mother of small children the feeling...always the feeling...of needing to be in two places at once. Physically impossible. Emotionally exhausting. I had a very part time job when our kids were small, maybe an hour or two a day, and not every day. Yet the anguish was still there. I needed to do my job the best I could, yet my heart and breath longed to be at home. I think we, as women, tend to pile unearned guilt upon our heads and hearts. It’s the nature of us. So I’m saying it’s ok to feel, but it’s not ok to beat yourself up. I’m really not sure why this popped into my head at this moment, yet it did, so I’m trusting someone needs to read it. Be kind to yourself. Be gentle. You are one head, heart, soul. Don’t split yourself in half trying to be all to everyone you know. A candle in a relenting wind burns out. Love yourself. It will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment