Tuesday, July 4, 2017

One nation.....

My Thought for this Day......We the People......The Preamble of the Constitution of this Mighty nation began with these words. In our self centered, privileged, all about me, ways we have turned it into ...I the Person. Until we turn our selfish eyes outward instead of inward, until we realize that nobody owes us anything, until we truly understand that each of us is only a tiny spoke in the enormous wheel of life, and most importantly until we kneel at the feet of our God, the Mighty will continue to fall. I wrote these words in 2014. And I believe that no progress has been made. As a matter of fact, I feel like we are teetering on the Pinnacle of destruction. And yet I fight daily to not become more cynical. This battle I'm losing, and it brings tears to my eyes. I want to still see the wonder and beauty in people. I want our grandson Titus, to live in a nation of cohesion and safety. I do not want to worry about malls, and banks, and schools being places of violence. And it's a daily battle that exhausts me, yet I'm determined to win. So with all this long rambling jumble of words being said, I do wish us all Freedom. And I wish us thankfulness and gratitude for this great nation. And I wish us to become We the People once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment