Monday, November 24, 2014

Missed.....

My Thought for this Day......Yesterday I had the opportunity to be a Good Samaritan or a fool. In my worldly existence, I did neither. I brushed off the opportunity, due to fear, doubt and the complete mental saturation of today's world. We are ingrained with be the attitude of suspicion. And so I drove away. For miles, my thoughts were wracked with doubt and that tiny, soft voice breaking through my practicality saying...what if it were my daughter? And so I turned around and drove back to where the opportunity presented itself hoping to reinvent the scenario and be that Good Samaritan. But it didn't happen. And so this is my Lesson learned. The motive of other people is sometimes irreverent; it is our motive, our heart, our intent that matters. I was not in danger, I was maybe being duped, but that was not my judgement to make at the time. I truly believe I was tested and failed. I can blame it on the Way of the Modern World all I want, but at the end of the day.....you are only responsible for you. And I failed. And this failure has followed me throughout the hours since.

No comments:

Post a Comment