Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Honor.......

My Thought for this day.......I never know what my words will be until each morning when I begin to write. And then something takes over and somehow the words appear. Today I know, and have known for several days what my words will be. Today is a day of Honor. To those who with or without choice have walked the noble path of protecting our country, I say Thank You. And yet, I know as I type these words, that they are merely pebbles where boulders should be. I know not because I have lived that life, but because I have walked for 38 years beside a man who did. A young boy who at the age of 20 was plopped down in the jungles of Viet Nam and told to fight. A young man who saw the unseeable, watched the unwatchable and carries that burden of truth even today. His scars of reality are not only emotional, but also physical. At times, these scars take over and rule, but strength and courage and determination usually reign, much like they did in 1970 when each day, just staying alive was a glory. And he does not stand alone, yet he does stand for a war in which every soldier was thought to be un-American for fighting America's most unpopular war. So today I thank All Veterans...both past and present.....but with an overflowing heart, I thank my husband and father of my children who fought with honor, not dishonor, and still to this day, stands and fights in the jungles of Viet Nam.

No comments:

Post a Comment