Friday, October 11, 2013

Shame....................

I am non-political. I don't debate politics. I don't read politics. I don't watch the news....EVER. I don't know details....don't have to. I understand this entire mess with/without any of the above. And it is this........ We are seeing the 'What about me?' way of life come to fruition. Greed has become the American pathway....at all costs....'What about me?'. When the United States government uses those Americans who have fought for and continue fighting for The United States of America as pawns in this crises, I am disgusted beyond words. Yes, I do have a special place in my heart for Veterans. I live with one who spent his 19th year in a jungle, BOOTS ON THE GROUND, fighting a war that has cost him and thousands just like him, physical and emotional pain for 40+ years. I walk the halls of the VA facility and see the empty eyes of young men and women who have returned from recent deployment and left parts of themselves there. Whether drafted as in years gone by, or volunteering as in recent years, the cost is the same. They all left part of their souls on foreign soil. And they will continue to fight their own personal wars for the rest of their lives in one way or another. So, Mr. United States Government.....'What about them?'. Let's not pay the ones who have paid the ultimate price as you have your little battle of wills. Let's see them,one more time, give all and then get lost in the shuffle of American greed, self righteousness and self importance. Good gosh, just leave your 'What about me?' attitudes at the door and begin to act like Americans joined as what was once the greatest nation on this earth. We are the People........shoulder your responsibilities, put the cards in the center of the table, not stacked on one side or the other. Check your 'What about me?' attitude at the door where it belongs. End of rant. No more. Not debating. Just my observation on a process that is insufferable, humiliating and degrading.

No comments:

Post a Comment