Sunday, January 7, 2018

Vulnerability.....

My Thought for this Day.....I have lived many days on this earth. I have lived in sorrow, in pain, in judgement, in greed, in selfishness, in worry, in envy. And looking back over my days, months, and years, I truly can say that those times were and are the most miserable of my life. Circumstances can and do make you sad and hurting. The other emotions are self imposed, thus self exposed. I work hard every day to reverse the bad into the good. First step.....acknowledgement. It isn't easy to look into the mirror of truth. These very words make me vulnerable and i think that is the scariest leg to stand upon. We tend to hide our frailties because the vulnerability that comes with them is raw, an open wound that allows others to pour alcohol on it. Yet vulnerability is courage lived out. It is the first step in the process of becoming who you truly are, who you are truly meant to be. And so I encourage you to be totally honest with yourself. Sit on the bench of judgement. The process isn't fun. It is long and arduous and ugly. Listen carefully, the author of your life is you. You are the composer and the artist. I wish you bravery and openness. Be real. Be truthful. The freedom is worth the pain. I hope these words help someone today. I wish for you the courage to confront the pain in order to live the joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment