Sunday, September 13, 2015

Repost......

Some days I have no words, but I find it interesting that I can go back to this exact date in years past and read what I wrote on that day. Here it is...... Friday, September 13, 2013 Tinkering.................. I don't think we even begin to comprehend just how complex the human body is...both physically and emotionally. We have not even scratched the surface of the knowledge of the intricate knitting of our cells, and vessels, and organs and psyches. We are truly the most detailed, well oiled machines on the planet. We are amazing. But just as any machine needs maintenance, so do we. I tend to dwell on the emotional side of people. I wonder what makes you tick. I wanna know why you feel what you do, act the way you do, see life the way you do, solve problems the way you do, what colored glasses you wear.....rose colored?, dark shades?, or crystal clear lenses? I wonder why some people step up to the proverbial plate and give it their all and some people stay in the shadows and wait for it to be given. I wonder why some of us go through life with our heads in the sand and some of us stand tall and kill the demons of our lives with strength and determination. I wonder why I am me and you are you. I wonder why we can't see ourselves for whom we really are. I wonder why some of us dwell in places of bitterness and sadness and anger and some of us open the windows of life, take out the Windex and wash until we see the beauty that is the puzzle we are. We all have problems and sadness and regrets and jealousies and envies and excuses. But also we have grit and determination and love and gifts and smiles and laughs to be shared. Whether or not you see things and the people in your life as treasures to be handled with care and love, or whether you see life through Shades of Darkness, I hope you polish yourself, both mentally and physically. I hope you draw those who love you close and accept that life isn't easy, but you have people to walk the walk with you and stretch out hands to help you over the hills and mountains of your path. I hope you tinker with your body and mind every day. Tune it up. Oil the squeaky parts. Trim the parts that need trimming. Sweep the floors that need sweeping. Realize that each day the sun shines just for you. Don't lose it to the clouds. Don't close the drapes of your mind and dwell in the dark. I'm pretty sure that life is not intended to be lived with anything but joy. Yep, some days it takes more effort than others, but when the sun goes down on this or any day, then Elvis has left the building. Whether you have enjoyed the concert or worn earplugs and missed the music is your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment