Sunday, June 1, 2014

Everyday.........

My Thought for this Day.........Inspiration and courage surround us daily......in the most ordinary people. I have a hero in my life and she has no clue that I hold her in such esteem. She will know this if she reads this blog. I saw her yesterday for the first time in years. She is a soft spoken woman, a woman of quiet assurance and grace. But most importantly a woman who has walked through fire with a blessed assurance in the most dark days a mother could have. I sat behind her yesterday at the funeral of a beloved aunt. I watched her bow her head in prayer, hold on to her husband's arm as biblical verses were read and wonderful hymns were sung. I knew in my heart that this woman was rejoicing in her deep well of faith but that she also had to be grieving again...as I'm sure she does every day....the death of her son a year and a half ago. I sat with my husband on one side of me and my two children on the other. I physically could touch all three. In that moment, sitting behind this precious woman, I mentally knelt in humility. She is not bitter; she remains ever faithful; she brings glory to her God. I hope that you know that you don't have to read headlines to find your heroes. I hope that you that you are aware you don't have to watch football fields, basketball courts or baseball diamonds to sit it awe. I hope that with eyes wide open you........everyday........see the wonderful strength of the human spirit that surrounds you. There are superheroes everywhere. You merely have to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment