Monday, October 22, 2012

Thought of the Day....

I've been gone and I KNOW you've missed me......mmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmm......okay, fine. Here's the thing. I spent the weekend at the Fairmont Hotel in Dallas. And I'm just gonna go public with the news that it is a leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetle nicer than the Brannan Farm. They beat us in the amount of marble and 3,000 foot columns and ceilings. But children, there just 'Ain't No Place Like Home'. Here's how we outdo the Fairmont....we have more dog and cat hair on the floor, we have more books and magazines stacked up to read, we have more open windows and fresh air. Now, I'll admit, I rarely walk in the bedroom to a complimentary bottle of wine and cheese tray......I don't have daily maid service, nor a breakfast buffet made to order. But what I do have...AND YOU DO TOO....is your own little slice of heaven where you can be you. Where your treasures surround you......pictures abound of friends and family and you can walk down the hall in your flannel jammies and your husband's socks and folks don't look at you like maybe your country come to the city. Don't get me wrong.....I loved every marble, columned, cheese tray minute....and I'll go back. But sigh......my comfies sometimes just can't be beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment